Our friends and neighbors need your help during this time of year; even the smallest gesture will warm their hearts and make a difference. Whether you donate a monetary amount, your time or services to help a peer, senior citizen, child or helpless animal the spirit of giving will always be rewarded.
If you are in the spirit of giving and would like some suggestions reach out to our Adult Reference staff at Ext. 240. Below are a few ideas:
- Colonial Youth & Family Services https://colonialyfs.com/donations/
- Brookhaven Town Programs sponsors toy, coat and food drives. https://www.brookhavenny.gov/329/Community-Programs
- Long Island Cares, Inc.- The Harry Chapin Food Bank has several resources for donating food, volunteering and a helpful food bank finder for your area. https://licares.org/
- Habitat for Humanity’s Family Holiday Programs https://www.habitatsuffolk.org/default.aspx
- New York Blood Center- help save a life with one unit of blood. https://www.nybloodcenter.org/donate-blood/become-donor/why-donate/