We offer English as a New Language (ENL) classes throughout the school year and summer. Classes are free to library cardholders ages 18 and up.
- Classes are offered for Low Beginner through Advanced levels
- Classes focus on listening, speaking, reading, and writing
- There are morning, afternoon, and evening sessions in three locations
- Supplemental books and resources are available to “check out” from our collection
We offer specialty classes and special presentations to provide opportunities for socialization, exposure to new skills, and practical “life skills”
- Needle Arts (knit and crochet), Computer Basics in Spanish, Nutrition, and more
- Immigration Information, Health and Wellness topics, Financial Literacy, and more
Citizenship tutoring is available for those in the process of applying for United States citizenship.
Literacy Suffolk is an organization that provides tutors for Basic Literacy and ENL patrons. Tutor training workshops are available.