Mastics-Moriches-Shirley Community Library Trustee Vacancy
To the William Floyd Community,
The Mastics-Moriches-Shirley Community Library currently has a trustee vacancy that we are looking to fill.
By law, the Board of Trustees has three options regarding this vacant seat:
- Leave it vacant and fill the seat with the trustee election held in April 2025.
- Have a special election to fill the seat for the remainder of the original term at a projected cost of $5,000.
- Appoint someone to fill the seat, and that appointee would then have to run in our next election in April 2024 for the remainder of the original term, which expires 6/30/2025.
The Board of Trustees has decided to choose the third option and will appoint someone to fill the seat for the remainder of this year to maintain a governance body of five members. Therefore, the Board of Trustees will be accepting resumes from interested community members who would like to be considered for appointment.
The requirements to be a member of the Library Board of Trustees are:
- Must be a US citizen at least 18 years of age, not employed by the Mastics-Moriches-Shirley Community Library.
- Must be a qualified voter/resident of William Floyd School District.
The Board of Trustees requests that interested individuals email his or her resume and cover letter explaining why he or she would be an asset to the Board to [email protected].
All resumes and cover letters must be received by the close of business day on Tuesday, November 28, 2023. On behalf of the Board of Trustees, thank you for your attention to this matter.