(631) 399-1511 Ext.240
In support of its mission to promote lifelong learning, the Adult Reference Department of the Mastics-Moriches-Shirley Community Library will proctor both online and written exams for adult students (18 and older) with a valid MMSCL card free of charge.
The student and institution must agree to the following guidelines before the test is taken:
- Complete a Proctor Request Form. Please allow 3 business days for processing. The request will be confirmed via email.
- The student is responsible to ensure that test facilities and computer resources are adequate to complete test. The library will provide a laptop with Microsoft Word and both IE and Google Chrome browsers. Installation of any special software will not be allowed.
- The student must liaise with instructor throughout process and is responsible for the delivery of exam or password to access online exam.
- Any instructions, passwords, paper exams should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by instructor.
- The Library staff cannot provide direct supervision of exam.
- The Library has the right to substitute another librarian to proctor the exam in the event the designated librarian is absent.
- The student must arrive on time and provide a photo ID and any supplies needed to take exam. Exams must be completed thirty minutes before the library closes.
- The Library is not responsible if an exam is interrupted due to a library emergency, power failure, computer hardware, or software failures.
- The Library will send completed exams via e-mail, fax or at the patron’s expense by mail. The Library will retain paper exams for 2 business days.
The Library reserves the right to limit or deny proctoring service, if the request does not meet the Proctoring Procedure Guidelines.