There are many ways to learn a new language with your community library! Here are some ways you can partner with us for your language learning goals.
- The Literacy Department offers English as a New Language (ENL) classes for adults in our community. Visit us for more details.
- English speaking adults are welcome to join our Friendly Spanish Conversation class! Learn and practice the basics in Spanish with Ms. Josmary. It is a six-week session offered three times per year.
- Children and families can visit our Bilingual Storytime sessions, available for preschoolers and school age kids with their adult. Visit the MMSCL program calendar to sign up for the next session on Saturday, November 13th.
- We partner with Literacy Suffolk to offer tutors for adult learners. There are two tracks- one for English Language Learners and the other for native English speakers who would like to improve their reading and writing skills. Visit us for more information.
- If you are interested in learning a new language, use your library card to access books to help you learn English, Spanish, French, German, and more! There are many ebooks and audiobooks available on the library’s digital platforms. Click here for a curated booklist with a sampling of available titles.
- Access Rosetta Stone and Pronunciator with your library card! Practice reading, writing, listening, and speaking while learning new vocabulary and grammar skills. Rosetta Stone offers 30 languages and Pronunciator offers 80 plus ESL (English as a Second Language) classes for 50 non-English languages.