Get out of your reading rut and embrace the inner bookworm in you!
Try out these 8 resolutions to help you kickstart your reading journey for 2021.
- Join your local library!
- Visit book recommendation sites for book reviews such as Goodreads, Bookish, Shelfari, Amazon or ask your MMSCL Adult Librarian for guidance.
- Pick subjects you like.
- Create a Reading Challenge List for you or a group of friends. Challenge yourself to read a classic, a graphic novel, a book set in your hometown, or the biography of your favorite athlete.
- Use your library card to access NOVELIST, a great readers’ advisory database that librarians love!
- Don’t have time to read the traditional way? Download an audiobook using the LIBBY app, or by borrowing an audiobook or playaway from our collection. Listen to a good story while running errands, walking or driving.
- Learn something new or start a hobby like sign language, crafting, or fishing.
- Finally, join our monthly book discussion virtually on January 19th at 7pm. This month’s book selection is Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate. Register through our program calendar or call the Adult Reference Desk at Ext. 240.