Meeting Room Policy for Outside Groups/Individuals The Meeting Rooms of the Community Library are available for non-profit educational, recreational, cultural and civic purposes on an equitable basis, regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of the individuals or groups requesting their use. Use of the Library Meeting Rooms by community groups, organizations or individuals in no way implies endorsement of their policies or activities by the Library or anyone connected with the Library. Applicants requesting the use of the Meeting Rooms agree to the following procedures:
- Completed Meeting Room applications must be submitted to a Circulation Desk Supervisor no earlier than six months prior to the date (s) requested.
- Meeting Room space is available during regular Library hours.
- All meetings must be open to the public.
- No admission fees may be charged. Donations may not be solicited. No items may be sold.
- Regular Library service takes precedence over all other activities.
- The use of Meeting Room space cannot interfere with the operations of the Library.
- The applicant assumes responsibility for maintaining public order and safety in the Meeting Room, and for ensuring that all in attendance observe the Library’s Rules of Conduct.
- The Applicant is responsible for any damage or loss that results from the use of the Meeting Room by his or her organization.
- Groups composed of minors MUST be supervised by an adult that is present at all times.
- The applicant indemnifies the Library and its Board of Trustees and Staff from any liability, claim or lawsuit arising from the use of the Meeting Room.
- Hot plates, Sterno, Crock Pots, Portable Ovens along with any appliances to keep food warm/hot are prohibited—foods such as pizza, heroes and the like are acceptable when groups require food. The applicant is responsible for table covers and cleans up.
- The applicant will notify the Library immediately in the event of cancellation or postponement. Likewise, in the event of inclement weather, the applicant bears the responsibility of contacting the Library in case of an emergency closing.
- The applicant’s name and phone number will be released to any person requesting information concerning an organization’s activities or programs.
- The Community Library may be mentioned only as a location not as a sponsor or as the headquarters for the meeting or event on publicity materials. The Library’s phone number will not be used as a contact for further information regarding a non-library sponsored event.
- All applications are submitted to the Library Director for final approval.
- The final and sole interpretation of this policy rests with the Library Board of Trustees. Implementation and enforcement are delegated to the Library Director or the Director’s designee.
Completed forms are to be submitted to the Circulation Department in person, faxed to 631-281-4442 or emailed to [email protected]. Questions regarding meeting room availability and application status should be directed to the Circulation Department at 631-399-1511 ext. 286.