The library board will hold a special meeting on Monday 3/30 at 6PM.
(Please see the guidelines for museum pass usage below)
Mastics-Moriches-Shirley Community Library Members can see the available dates
for museum passes and make reservations right from the web!
All you need is your library card and pin number.
Guidelines For Museum Pass Usage
In an effort to make our Museum Pass program available to the widest range of patrons,
we are instituting the following guidelines for reservations.
- The library circulates a limited number of passes to area museums. Reservations may be made in person, through the library webpage or by calling us at 399-1511.
- Museum passes are for district residents only. Patrons need a valid, unexpired, unblocked, adult library card (must be 18yrs or older) with fines not exceeding $25.00 to use the reservation system. Patrons are to bring their library card with them to the museum.
- Each cardholder may place 1 reservation per week, maximum 4 reservations per month.
- Each museum may be reserved no more than once per month.
- Each pass may be reserved up to 60 days in advance and one pass may be borrowed at a time.
- Each pass may be borrowed for 3 days. You may pick up the pass at the Circulation Desk no earlier than 3:00 pm the day prior to use.
- A late fee of $20 will be charged for every day the pass is late. The full price of the pass will be charged if it is lost.
- The library has a limited number of passes and therefore if a pass comes back late or is lost, the library may not be able to honor reservations.
- Failing to pick up a pass or cancelling less than 2 days prior to the reservation, will be considered a “no-show”. Two “no-shows” within 60 days will result in the cardholders reservation privileges being suspended for 60 days from the last “no-show” date.
- The library reserves the right to review and amend these guidelines as it becomes necessary.
The Library makes every effort to verify dates and times that the museums are open;
however, it's the patron's responsibility to check with the museum for any changes/updates.