Using the Information: "Personally identifiable information" is
information about you such as name, postal address, email address, company name,
credit card number, birth date, social security number, etc. Generally, we may
use your personally identifiable information in the following ways:
1. To communicate with you about your account or the Site.
2. To pre-populate online forms for your convenience.
3. To personalize various aspects of the Site.
4. To build quality and useful services by analyzing user trends and by
measuring demographics and interests.
5. To provide you with prompt and effective customer service.
6. To support the operation of the Site (i.e., billing, account maintenance) and
7. To send you newsletters, promotional messages, product announcements or other
communications that we feel may be of interest to you, although you may opt out
of receiving these communications (see "Opting Out" below).
8. In other ways that you either expressly consent to or instruct us to
Disclosing the Information: We may disclose personally identifiable
information about you to third parties without asking for explicit consent from
you as follows:
1. We will perform research on our end users' demographics, interests, and
behavior based on the information we collect, for example during registration,
from our server log files and from user surveys. We do this to better understand
and serve our users. This research is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated
basis. We may share this aggregated data with current or potential advertisers,
business partners, investors and other third parties interested in our business.
2. WWW.COMMUNITYLIBRARY.ORG does not sell any of your Personally Identifiable
Information to third parties. However, if you have not opted out of receiving
postal mail from WWW.COMMUNITYLIBRARY.ORG or third parties, WWW.COMMUNITYLIBRARY.ORG may rent
your name postal address and phone numbers to third parties, which the third
parties may use one time only to mail you information. These third parties will
have no continuing right to use your name or postal address. We do not sell or
rent your email addresses to third parties. All emails you receive are deployed
directly by WWW.COMMUNITYLIBRARY.ORG on behalf of third parties.
3. We share web site usage information about visitors to the Site who have
received a targeted email promotional campaign from us with a third-party
advertising company - for the sole purpose of targeting future email campaigns
and upgrading visitor information used in reporting statistics.
4. To allow third parties to provide Site features and services. These third
parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for
the purpose of providing these services.
5. To our contractors, consultants and professional advisors so they can provide
a service to us. For example, from time to time we may use third parties to help
us collect information about our users. In those cases, we will prohibit the
third parties from using the information they collect for any purpose other than
providing the service to us.
6. As we believe necessary to comply with the law and protect the rights,
property or safety of others.
7. If you engage in illegal activity and we respond to a subpoena, warrant or
other court order.
8. In connection with the sale or transfer of WWW.COMMUNITYLIBRARY.ORG or substantially
all of its assets, we will share your data with the acquiring party or
9. Due to circumstances beyond our control.
Opting Out: As part of the registration process, you will supply us with
your postal address, phone number, and email address, and you will be registered
to receive periodic communications from WWW.COMMUNITYLIBRARY.ORG or from other reputable
companies affiliated with WWW.COMMUNITYLIBRARY.ORG. If you do not wish to receive such
communications from WWW.COMMUNITYLIBRARY.ORG or from the reputable companies affiliated
with WWW.COMMUNITYLIBRARY.ORG, you can:
1. Opt out of receiving future emailed messages by following the "unsubscribe"
instructions at the bottom of any emailed message you receive from WWW.COMMUNITYLIBRARY.ORG.
Please allow 30 days for your opt-out election to take effect. Please note that
even if you opt-out of receiving the types of communications described above, we
may still from time to time communicate with you about your account or operation
of the Site; these communications will not be promotional in nature. For
example, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance we might send
users an email. You cannot opt-out of receiving these communications.